WordPress Membership Plugins
WordPress Membership Plugins default client enlistment framework packs a lot of provisions, for example, clear authorization settings and the choice for clients to deal with their own profiles. Notwithstanding, it additionally does not have some high-level usefulness, like help for paid participation.
That is the place where enrollment modules come in. These apparatuses empower you to confine content to paid clients just, supercharge profile customization, and the sky is the limit from there.
In this article, we’ll investigate five of our #1 WordPress enrollment modules. We’ll clarify how they adjust WordPress’ enlistment framework and which kinds of locales may profit from utilizing every one of them. We should begin!
The MemberPress module is an across-the-board arrangement that empowers you to charge for admittance to your site, measure installments, limit admittance to your substance, and even sell advanced items.
That is a great rundown of components for any module to have, however MemberPress figures out how to pull it off very well. Moreover, the module flaunts a great history with regards to refreshes, which makes it decent long-haul speculation.
- Charges new users for access
- Supports PayPal and Stripe payments
- Includes an add-on system for extended functionality
- Supports an unlimited number of members
If you’re a WordPress user looking for a robust member management solution, MemberPress will serve you well.
Furthermore, the plugin is very easy to manage, which means that you don’t need to be a WordPress professional to make sense of its settings. As long as you’re at least somewhat familiar with the platform, you’ll feel right at home with your new tool.
Price: MemberPress starts at $99 per year.
2. Restrict Content Pro
Much like our previous entry, Restrict Content Pro enables you to set up a full-featured membership website with ease. The team behind this plugin also created Easy Digital Downloads, and the two work together very well.
- Enables you to restrict access to paid members
- Supports several payment gateways, including PayPal, Stripe, and Braintree Payments
- Integrates seamlessly with the Easy Digital Downloads plugin
- Comes with a powerful add-on system
Recommended For: Restrict Content Pro shares a lot of features with MemberPress, which makes choosing between the two particularly challenging.
If you’re on a budget, Restrict Content Pro could be an attractive option, since a basic annual membership will cost you nearly $50 less than MemberPress’.
Furthermore, the plugin comes with excellent documentation, which is always a boon, even if you’re an experienced WordPress user.
Price: Restrict Content Pro starts at $49 per year.
3. WooCommerce Memberships
As its name gives away, WooCommerce Memberships is an extension for WooCommerce. It works much the same as the other tools we’ve covered so far, in that it enables you to implement a membership system and restrict access to your content.
However, having use of the WooCommerce platform does provide you with some interesting features, such as restricting access to products and rewarding members with discounts.
- Extends WooCommerce’s base functionality
- Restricts content and products to specific types of membership
- Grants memberships as rewards for purchases
- Implements a ‘perks’ system
Recommended For: If you’re a fan of WooCommerce, then this is an easy decision to make. This extension is not the cheapest option out there, but we think it’s worth it if you’re already familiar with the platform.
Furthermore, if you have an existing WooCommerce store, you can just go right ahead and implement a membership system on top of it.
Price: WooCommerce Memberships start at $149 per year.
4. Paid Member Subscriptions
So far, Paid Member Subscriptions is the only free plugin on this list, and it isn’t a bad option either. While there is a premium version available for this plugin, its free counterpart offers all the features you need to set up a simple membership website.
- Supports multi-tiered membership plans
- Integrates with PayPal
- Restricts content depending on specific criteria
Recommended For: Paid Member Subscriptions don’t offer as many features as the rest of the plugins we’ve featured. However, that isn’t necessarily a bad thing.
If all you need is a simple tool that will enable you to create membership plans, process payments, and restrict content, this plugin will do just fine. Furthermore, it integrates particularly well with our next pick, since they were both created by the same team.
Price: Paid Member Subscriptions are free, but there are a number of paid add-ons available.
5. Armember Membership Plugin
ARMember WordPress Membership Plugin deserves the top stand as it is an ultimate plugin that is backed up with a unique set of features and functionality to enhance your WordPress membership website.
- Gated content using “content restriction” feature
- Schedule content releases with “drip content” feature
- Powerful Membership setup wizard
- Supports over 20 add-ons to scale site
Recommended For: Whether you want to build a WordPress membership website for selling online learning courses, downloading e-Books, PDF downloads, video courses, or for digital downloads, ARMember is a super powerful WordPress Membership plugin that offers the reliable solution for you to build a successful membership website.
Price: There is a free version as well as the regular license starting at $49.
WordPress’ basic registration system will do just fine when it comes to most websites, but it’s not a perfect fit for all of them. If you’re looking to provide your users with more options when it comes to profile management, or you just want to build a private website, WordPress membership plugins may be just the ticket.
Let’s take one last look at the five outstanding plugins we covered in this article:
- MemberPress: This plugin will enable you to set up membership sites with ease.
- Restrict Content Pro: A robust membership plugin for WordPress with excellent documentation.
- WooCommerce Memberships: The perfect solution for WooCommerce users.
- Paid Member Subscriptions: An excellent (and free!) membership plugin.
- Profile Builder: A great plugin to customize your login and registration pages, as well as user profiles.