WordPress ECommerce Plugins – apparently – is an incredible and flexible stage, however, there are a few things it can’t do directly out of the crate. It can’t, for instance, empower you to control an internet business store.
While the famous Content Management System (CMS) does exclude online business capacities, of course, you can add them through the wizardry of modules. With the right apparatuses close by, you can do anything from tolerating installments to taking care of stock, all by means of your WordPress site.
In this article, we’ll investigate the idea of WordPress web-based business modules and what they can do, then, at that point we’ll acquaint you with five exceptional models with various capacities. We should go out to shop!
What WordPress E-Commerce Plugins Are (and Why You Should Use Them)
WordPress modules are convenient apparatuses that empower you to add a large group of capacities to your site. They run the range from straightforward changes to all-out answers for explicit specialties.
At the point when we talk about WordPress web-based business modules, the primary name that strikes a chord is WooCommerce. This famous internet business instrument offers its own augmentation framework which contains additional items that improve the module’s usefulness.
Besides WooCommerce, WordPress additionally gives a broad assortment of other web-based business modules. Barely any, of them offer as many components, however, as a rule, clients may not require them. Assuming all you need to do is measure installments on the web, for instance, introducing WooCommerce can be over the top excess. An illustration of a lot easier web-based business module is Sell Downloads, which empowers clients to sell virtual things.
In this specific case, you could acquire similar capacities by utilizing WooCommerce, however, you’d be left with a lot of elements that you wouldn’t utilize. Some of the time, it’s substantially more productive to search for a particular device that can give progressed capacities to your interesting necessities.
In the following segment, we’ll acquaint you with five internet business modules you probably won’t think about, and furthermore talk a bit more with regards to WooCommerce. On the off chance that we haven’t highlighted what you’re searching for, you can likewise discover a lot of choices at WordPress.org and CodeCanyon.
5 Top E-Commerce Plugins for WordPress
For this segment, we chose to stay with simply the greatest modules. They all have a lot of downloads, high evaluations, and – best of all – are routinely refreshed. We should start things off with a name you definitely know.
We’ve already mentioned this plugin quite a few times, but in case you’re unfamiliar with it, here’s what you need to know. WooCommerce offers a full-featured solution for WordPress users looking to get into e-commerce. It enables you to sell physical and virtual items, handle shipping, payments, and inventory.
- A complete e-commerce solution which can handle every aspect of the process.
- Comes with its own extension system, offering both free and premium options.
- Enjoys a broad range of support across most web hosts, thanks to its popularity.
- Offers excellent documentation.
2. eCommerce Product Catalog
eCommerce Product Catalog is one of the closest alternatives to WooCommerce if you’re looking for a full e-commerce solution. While this plugin only enables you to create a product catalog, it also implements an extension system. Some of the available extensions include support for payment gateways and shopping carts.
- Implements a product catalog and displays prices.
- Offers a full-fledged extension system for additional functions.
- Enables you to specify shipping options for your products.
- Includes drag-and-drop functions for customizing your publications.
- Comes with two built-in product templates.
3. Ecwid Ecommerce Shopping Cart
On top of a shopping cart, this plugin provides you with a catalog function and enables you to process payments. That’s everything you need to run an online store using WordPress – with a high level of polish, to boot. However, the free version only supports up to ten products for your store, which might be a dealbreaker.
That being said, if you’re looking for a light alternative to WooCommerce, and don’t mind paying for it, this is a good pick.
- Enables you to list and sell products online.
- Integrates with multiple payment gateways.
- iOS and Android apps enable you to manage your store on the go.
4. WordPress Simple PayPal Shopping Cart
This handy little plugin enables you to add products to your store, as well as offering a shopping cart function. It doesn’t provide much in terms of customization, but it’s perfect for small online stores selling digital products or services. As you might infer from its name, the plugin only works with PayPal, so keep that in mind before installing it.
- Lists products on your website and has the option of a shopping cart function.
- Enables your visitors to pay for goods or services using PayPal.
- Includes a coupon feature for discounts during payments.
WordPress Simple PayPal Shopping Cart is 100% free.
5. PayPal Buy Now Button
When it comes to e-commerce, it doesn’t get much simpler than PayPal Buy Now Button. This straightforward plugin enables you to create payment buttons for predetermined products or services, and process their payments. It’s a great fit for sites that don’t have ample product catalogs.
- Adds a Buy Now button anywhere you want on your site.
- Includes the option to configure each button to charge specific amounts depending on the product or service you’re offering.
While WordPress wasn’t built with e-commerce in mind, nothing is stopping you from adding the necessary functions to the CMS using plugins. Whether you need a complete online store or the odd shopping feature or two, there’s bound to be a plugin solution that fits your needs.
If you’re not sure where to get started with WordPress e-commerce plugins, check out the five picks we’ve talked about in this post:
- WooCommerce: A full-featured e-commerce solution for all types of stores.
- eCommerce Product Catalog: A great alternative to WooCommerce, with its own extension system.
- Ecwid Ecommerce Shopping Cart: A solid pick for smaller online stores, or those that don’t mind paying for a premium plugin.
- WordPress Simple PayPal Shopping Cart: A plugin that enables you to add simple shopping cart and PayPal checkout functions through your site.
- PayPal Buy Now Button: The perfect choice for users that only need to sell a handful of products or services.