WordPress Security Plugins
WordPress Security Plugins As the most famous Content Management System (CMS) accessible, WordPress draws something reasonable of consideration from assailants. To protect your site, you need to take dynamic measures to get it. Else, you may succumb to animal power assaults or other destructive adventures.
The way to securing your WordPress site is to keep steady over any possible weaknesses. Attempting to do this physically is both temperamental and illogical, which is the reason you ought to consider utilizing a module to do the hard work for you.
In this article, we’ll acquaint you with five of our number one WordPress security modules. We’ll cover their key components, which clients ought to think about them, and the amount they’ll set you back. We should feel free to track down the ideal device to get your site!
1. iThemes Security Plugin
iThemes Security is quite possibly the most cleaned tool we’ve experienced. The module is easy to set up and design, because of the consideration of exhaustive portrayals for each and every setting.
Besides, the iThemes group is truly solid with regards to noting support inquiries, which means you’ll have a lot of help accessible should you need it.
- Scans your website looking for vulnerabilities and malware
- Enforces strong passwords
- Blocks specific IP addresses
- Detects unexpected file changes
- Enforces the use of the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol
iThemes Security is an excellent choice if you’re looking for an easy-to-use tool to secure your site. While the plugin does come with a broad range of customization options, it also includes a quick setup feature. This covers database backups, brute force protection, and strong password enforcement, among other settings.
iThemes Security is free, but there’s also a premium version available, with licenses starting at $80 per year.
2. Wordfence Security Plugin
Wordfence Security is one of the most outstanding security plugins available, both in terms of popularity and sheer number of features. This tool enables you to customize every aspect of your WordPress security protocols, from top to bottom, and it comes with excellent documentation to help you do so.
- Implements a site-wide firewall to protect you from common threats
- Blocks individual users and entire networks of known attackers
- Enforces tough security measures for login pages
- Scans for known WordPress security threats
- Supports WordPress Multisite
Wordfence Security is the way to go if you want to monitor every single aspect of your website from a security standpoint. The plugin includes a staggering number of settings, which means you’ll be able to micromanage your experience.
If you’re new to WordPress and security plugins in general, chances are you’ll have to consult Wordfence Security’s documentation to get the most out of it. That isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but it’s something to consider before making your decision.
Wordfence Security is a free plugin, but the developers also offer a premium version, for which licenses start at $99 per year.
3. All In One WP Security Plugin
Of the plugins we’ve covered so far, not one can top All In One WP Security when it comes to firewall functionality. This plugin enables you to prevent image hotlinking, block fake Google bots, and even enforce custom blocking rules.
- Enhances user account security
- Enforces secure login security measures
- Protects and backs up your database periodically
- Scans your files for potential vulnerabilities
- Adds advanced firewall functionality
All In One WP Security offers an excellent middle point between ease of use and power. Secondly, you also get access to one of the best WordPress firewalls available at no cost.
Furthermore, this tool does a particularly great job of providing an overview of your website’s security at a glance. If you’re the kind of person who doesn’t like to dig for the details, All In One WP Security is definitely an option to consider.
All In One WP Security is 100% free.
4. BulletProof Security
BulletProof Security doesn’t have the most visually appealing interface, but it gets the job done. This particular tool comes with a decent set of features targeted towards users of all levels, including a handy one-click setup wizard for those who don’t want to mess with any settings.
- Features a one-click setup option
- Enables strong login security measures and monitoring
- Schedules backups for your database
- Logs out idle users after a certain time period
- Protects your .htaccess file
BulletProof Security is an all-around solid pick for security-conscious users. During our testing, we didn’t come across any truly standout features, but we were still pleasantly surprised by the number of settings available.
BulletProof Security is a free plugin, but you can also buy a lifetime license for its premium counterpart for a single payment of $59.95.
5. Sucuri Security
Last but not least, we’ve got Sucuri Security. This plugin comes from one of the most renowned teams when it comes to web security, and it doesn’t disappoint. It offers a fantastic set of features, including some extremely useful ‘post-hacking’ measures (which we’ll expand on below).
- Monitors file integrity
- Includes functions to recover your site from an attack
- Comes with a wide variety of notification settings
- Scans for malware and vulnerabilities
Sucuri Security is a great pick for all types of users. It comes with a slick interface, is easy to navigate, and even includes functionality to help if your site is exposed to an attack.
The plugin’s Post-Hack feature enables you to reset plugins and passwords, and even log out users by force. Think of it as an ace up your sleeve in case you ever come across a dreaded security breach.
Sucuri Security is completely free, but the team behind the plugin does offer professional security consulting and malware removal services.
WordPress security plugins aren’t the only way to keep your website safe, and taking simple precautions can go a long way. However, these types of tools can still come in handy to help you constantly monitor and protect your site.
In case you do decide to use WordPress security plugins to secure your website, here’s a quick recap of the five top choices we’ve covered in this article:
- iThemes Security: A polished security tool for users with little experience.
- Wordfence Security: The perfect plugin for power users.
- All In One WP Security: This one comes with one of the best firewalls in the business.
- BulletProof Security: An all-around solid pick.
- Sucuri Security: Excellent for users that want to protect their websites and restore them if necessary.
Image by Arek Socha from Pixabay